How would you like to win a trip to this year's Memphis In May BBQ championship? How about grilling lessons from World Champion pitmasters Chris Lilly and Melissa Cookston?
All you have to do is go to Grilling.com and enter your idea for 5 ingredients and a clever recipe name for the Kingsford One Bite Challenge for a chance to win. You don't have to post pictures, a full recipe or anything. Just the 5 ingredients and the title. Walt S. of McKenzie, TN did that and this is what he offered:
- chicken wing drummettes
- hot sauce
- minced garlic
- red pepper flakes
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Ingredients (24 wings)
- 1 dozen chicken wings, tips removed and cut into drumettes/wingettes
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- buffalo wing sauce, to taste
- Set up a charcoal grill for indirect heat and preheat to 400f.
- Season the wings with the rub. Grill 20 minutes per side.
- Toss with the buffalo sauce.
- Grill direct over the coals until the sauce is set and wings are an internal temp of 170f, about 5-7 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
Is buffalo sauce a single ingredient? It is, if the the rules don't say it isn't! You can used a bottled buffalo wing sauce. The basic buffalo sauce that I use is 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup cayenne hot sauce, and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.