[FTC Disclaimer] We received no compensation for this post.
We made a few white pizza sauces for a client project this weekend and had some leftover ingredients. Last night Alexis and I used them to make a creamy, mouthwatering Alfredo sauce for homemade pasta.
Here is what we had to work with:
Tomato and basil jack cheese
Cooked Italian sausage
Albukirky green chile dried tomatoes
|Baby spinach, tomato and basil jack cheese, cook Italian sausage, and our Albukirky green chile dried tomatoes.|
First, we made pasta. We were out of our usual pasta flour but we had Bob’s Red Mill semolina flour and used the recipe on their package.
|We roll the dough with our hand-cranked pasta machine. We were out of our usual pasta flour, but we had Bob’s Red Mill semolina flour and used the recipe on their package. It turned out fine.|
|Then we cut the pasta. I meant to do fettuccine, but I grabbed the wrong set.|
|Then you use a clothes rack to hang the noodles because you haven't bought a pasta drying rack yet and you never think about it until you're making pasta.|
Finally, we made the sauce.
Sausage Garden Alfredo Sauce
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 cup chicken stock, warm
· ¼ cup chopped green chile dried tomatoes
· 1 cup half and half
· 4 ounces Sargento’s® Tomato and Basil Jack Cheese
· ½ cup browned Italian sausage
· ½ cup baby spinach
· Salt to taste
· Pepper to taste
- Preheat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter and then whisk in the flour to make a light blonde roux, about one minute. Then slowly add the warm chicken stock while continuously whisking until it is all combined. Add the green chile dried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer for five minutes.
- Whisk in the half-and-half. Bring to a low simmer. Whisk in the cheese in small batches until the cheese has all melted.
- Add in the sausage and cook for five more minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Taste and add a few pinches of salt and pepper as needed.
|Not bad for leftovers!|