[FTC Disclosure] I paid full price for my Dragon Knuckles Heat Resistant Gloves. The link provided is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Gift Card Week: A lot of people received cash and prepaid cards for Christmas this week. I thought it would be an opportune time to post some product reviews this week for the things that Santa didn't bring you.
A good pair of heat resistant gloves is essential for having a fun and safe time with your grills and in your kitchen. For the longest time, a good pair of welding gloves was my weapon of choice. In March 2017, I bought a pair of Dragon Knuckles after chatting with the owner on Twitter.
I have used them extensively for the past year, at home and on the circuit. The Dragon Knuckles have become my go-to pair of grilling gloves for several reasons.
- Design - The gloves have the extended cuff. Most of my burns don't happen on my hands. Instead, I reach across or under a hot metal rack then burn my forearm when I inadvertently brush against the hot object. The extended cuff length protects against that.
- Construction - Dragon Knuckles are made using 13 ounces of meta-aramid (aka Nomex) and para-aramid (aka Kevlar). The coating of silicone adds further heat protection and grip.
- Reversible - Dragon Knuckles fit on either hand. This is particularly useful because I'm good at misplacing items like these gloves and if I can only find one, it won't be the wrong hand.
- Comfort - In a previous life, I was a safety professional, and my degree was in Occupational Safety and Health. I know that comfort is critical for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). If the PPE isn't comfortable, you are going to avoid wearing it and find your own, potentially less safe, alternatives. Dragon Knuckles are the most comfortable gloves that I have.
- Durability - These things have taken my abuse for 9 months and are in excellent condition.
|I have a bin full of silicone gloves, oven mitts, and welding gloves but I have found myself opting for the Dragon Knuckles almost exclusively.|