[FTC Standard Disclosure] We receive no compensation for this post. Any links which may earn us a commission are tagged as [Affiliate Link].
This is the recipe for the sauce that we served with reverse-seared beef tenderloin at the 2023 Chain of Lakes Eggfest. We won 1st place there and this sauce was definitely one of the reasons that we did so well. A lot of folks asked for this recipe so here it is.
About Gorgonzola Sauce
- Beef roasts, such as beef tenderloin or rib roasts,
- Steaks, including ribeye, porterhouse, strip and filet, and
- Big juicy burgers!
- Green peppercorns have a fragrant aroma and have a more fruity flavor.
- Green peppercorns have less heat and are less astringent in flavor than black peppercorns.
- Green peppercorns are more tender, so I crush mine in a mortar and pestle to get rustic, coarse bits for my sauce.
- Substitute - If you can't find green peppercorns (I mail order ours), you can probably find those little pepper grinders full of tri-color pepper in any grocery store. Coarsely ground tri-color pepper will work, just dial back the quantity to about 1 teaspoon.