This is just a quicky post to let you know that I'm still alive, just not posting a whole lot.
We have been busy with Trevor's football practices (6 days a week), school started for us weeks ago, and our daughter Alex had our first grandchild two weeks ago. Oh yeah, there were the two football injuries (ER, follow up visits, etc) and BBQ judging too.
Most of our meals have been after we get home at 9pm and are something like this...
|...not that there's anything wrong with hot dogs.|
Update 9/2/13: I have had two people ask about the above hot dog roller. I got it at Crate and Barrel but as of today, they don't stock it anymore. Here is a similar model found on Amazon:Chefs Basics HW5298 Barbecue Hot Dog Roller
This recipe is based on my mom's honey mustard dressing. In addition to being a dressing it is excellent for dipping fried chicken strips or you can use it as a glaze in the last minute of grilling chicken for sandwiches. Or you can just dip your finger in it and lick it off. Not that I did that...more than a few times.
Bacon Honey Mustard Dressing
makes 1 cup
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp reserved hot bacon grease
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2.5 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp Season-all or other all purpose seasoning
- 1-2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mince the bacon very finely. You want it to be almost dust - bacon dust. I like to use a mini-food processor. You should have about 2 Tbsp of bacon crumbles.
- Add all ingredients except the honey. Then slowly stir in the honey, tasting for seasoning as you add. I like to use the whole 1/4 cup but if you don't want it as sweet, use less.
|Just brush on during the last minute of cooking.|
And on that note, I am heading into the football game. I wrote this post in the parking lot of Schumpert Field (Go Bulldogs!). Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend and fire up those grills! Even if it is just for hot dogs.